ALL OF MY CARD CREATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE LORRAINE

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lacy Labels Fancy Card

Hello everyone!  Today I was thumbing through my Lacy Labels cartridge, and discovered that I could use some of the shift features on the cartridge to make faux spellbinder cuts. 
For this card I cut a square 5-1/2" card base, and added two layered mats.  I selected some of the colors for the mats that were part of the rose background.  The designer paper had beautiful roses, so I focused on one of the smaller ones.   I cut the rose out in a circle to fit under the Bliss layer cut from this cartridge.  It was cut at 5"  along with the Flower 8 shift which was also cut a 5".  I cut an additional rose, and added foam tape to give it some dimension.  I tied a corner bow, and added a stick pin, and a pearl.   I cut a mat for the inside of the card, and cut two borders the length of the card, and used an edge punch to make a scallop on the edge of both pieces.  The little strip I had left over after punching seemed like a waste to toss, so I added it to the bottom of the card.  Sometimes scraps do come in handy.  I hope you enjoy today's card project.
Lorraine

2 comments: